Sunday, June 12, 2011

Here we go...

Well, I've done it.  I've clicked that little "create a blog" button and it's all downhill from here...

So, what will this be?  I'm not entirely sure.  My primary purpose is to keep thoughts, memories, lists, pictures, opinions, comments from friends, etc. in a place that will remain accessible if the computer crashes or the diary gets lost in clutter, flood or fire.  You might say that shows what a worrywart I can be; I prefer to see it as being proactive.  If you want to come along for the ride, I'd love the company.

I hope this is often funny and sometimes practical.  It'll probably be prone to sap because I'm a sentimental schmuck.  And despite my children's seemingly incredible antics that will no doubt be recorded here, it will all be true, which is why this may also become the proof of why I ended up in a padded room.

Laura Ingalls Wilder once wrote that "if we expect to enjoy our life we will have to learn to be joyful in all of it, not just at stated intervals, when we can get time, or when we have nothing else to do."  When you have twelve hats and more, many of them worn simultaneously, you rarely have the luxury of setting aside time for "fun" and certainly are never lacking for something that must be done.  You have to find the joy and the special in the moment - and then record it.

So put on your seatbelt - here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment